Tuesday, July 31, 2012

KH3D hesitations

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance releases today in America.  But as awesome as the story, gameplay, and everything else is, I find myself hesitating to buy it.  Very odd.

I asked around the gaming stores, and they had no news of a Nintendo 3DS bundle pack for KH3D.  ;-;  Not that I really wanted to spend that much money for one game, but now knowing that I'd have to buy a less awesome, regular 3DS system---a whole other system!---I just couldn't take the plunge anymore.  x_x; 

My sister asked why I couldn't bring myself to buy a whole other system, when I already did so for Birth by Sleep.  A very good question.  But if I had to explain it...I guess it's because I already did it once for Birth by Sleep.  And I have a much tighter budget these days, than I did back then. 

But the PSP turned out to be one of my most valuable purchases.  I didn't realize how much I'd enjoy portable gaming.  I had always carried manga in my purse before, but the PSP allowed me to game AND it could hold doujinshi scans for me to read, much like a book of manga.  Gaming is nice in a public place, especially when I'm trying to take a breather from the stress of interacting with people.  But for some reason, people see you with a book and think that the quiet is just as boring to you, as it is to them.  Nevermind that you're trying to enjoy your book.  But no one interrupts you when they see you absorbed in a videogame.  ^-^  I used that to fend off the annoying flirty guys at a party once, and annoying chatty people I've had to stand in line with.  By the time I bought my PSP, I could use it for Birth by Sleep, Final Fantasy Dissidia, and Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core; it wasn't just for one game.

But with Nintendo's library---let alone the further limitation of the 3DS---I don't know what else I would buy the 3DS for, except for Dream Drop Distance.  A whole other system, just for one game?  Without any other interesting games for the forseeable future?  I just can't do it.  Not now.

So my sister suggested I wait a year or so, for the system to get cheap.  Maybe if I wait long enough, they'll port the game to a home console... *.*  Ha-ha, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment