Saturday, July 21, 2012

Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPR1qQCQBo&feature=g-u-u
And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Thankfully, the cancellation of Final Fantasy Versus XIII is just a rumor, for now.  Kotaku said they had 2 good sources that say the game is being cancelled.  But Square sounds tentative to call an official game cancellation.

 Maybe the fan support for FFvs13 can turn the tide.  With just the trailers, these past 6 years since FFvs13 was announced, there's been so much fan-art in Artist Alleys, as if FFvs13 was already a released and established FF game.  Even with just the small sample of opinions, through comments on the above video, I was surprised to learn how many people bought a PS3 in anticipation of FFvs13.  I mean, so did I, but I also got it for Kingdom Hearts and Devil May Cry 4.  I guess I wasn't the only one, drooling over the idea of a Final Fantasy action-RPG.  *.*

 But if Square really is cancelling FFvs13, my hope is that they're just doing away with the name.  The fail-safe scenario, in my opinion, would be for the name "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" to be scrapped, and for this game to get its own roman numeral in the Final Fantasy panthenon.  For all I know, FFvs13 could be the FF15 that the development team is being rolled into.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

 I just hope Noctis's story and that awesome action-RPG gameplay we saw in all those trailers comes true.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE 07/26/2012:


So glad to find out that the cancellation of FFvs13 was _just_ a rumor.  So often these things can turn out to be the wiff of something real, but this time, we all got lucky.  ^-^

Though, some part of me wonders if this was part of someone's elaborate scheme to bring Square's attention back to working on FFvs13, instead of their current focus on making more FF13 sequels.  A big publicity stunt to garner public outcry and rekindle demand for FFvs13, to the Square executives...!  *o*  A conspiracy theory!---I need to lay off the Code Geass...  ~.~;

No comments:

Post a Comment