Tuesday, November 3, 2015

organizing vs arranging a bookcase

https://youtu.be/E2H5oPm6A8k

I love organizing, but I get a little irked when I see some home decor tips for "organizing" bookcases.  It's more like arranging. They flaunt so much _spare space_.  I've got too many books and figurines to be THAT inefficient!  And you waste so much space, like it's nothing, right in front of me?!  ;o;  Otaku need REAL tips for _organizing_.  Maximizing space is really difficult and if we're ever searching for "arranging" tips, it's for that.  That's what we really need.  Instead, we mostly just get tips for making things *look pretty*.

I'm sorry.  I really do like these organizing videos and videos of making spaces look nice.  But for me, functionality and utilitarian efficiency are a big part of what makes a space beautiful and impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment