Tuesday, November 10, 2015

figure photography insecurities

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/mysticdragon3/pictures/
When I look at My Pictures at My Figure Collection, even though those are my best figure photos so far (in my opinion), it still highlights everything that's wrong with my photography.  

When I think of others' figure photos at the Google+ community, even their casual shots have such perfect lighting, focus, and everyone else knows just when/how to do perfect macro crops.  

When I look at my figure photos, they just feel so artificial.  The only thing special about them is their arrangement with props.  But at the same time, that same prop arrangement feels too contrived.  I think I just like playing with props, more than I know how to play with light.  It is reassuring that Wara Zashi has complimented my prop arrangement before ("black" Figure Friday Challenge with Sakamoto and white props).  But when I look at my "best photos", I still feel so deficient.  ;.;  

Still, they do make me happy, in and of themselves.  Like my comics.  Just today, I was re-reading my Neko Basara scribble and having so much fun.  Sometimes I think I make the things that only I want to see, just to satisfy some personal desire of what I wanted to see and would enjoy having. That's the only explaination for why, despite my horrible lighting, focus, compositions, etc., that I can still get joy out of staring at my figure photos.  ...So much joy...!  ^.^  I mean, Masamune is about to carve a turkey with his 6 swords!  lol  Devil Homura is beside Kamen Rider Ryuugen!  And Elsa is combining her snow magic with Snow Miku's!  And I can make all the DateSana scenes I want!  *o*

No comments:

Post a Comment