Sunday, January 13, 2013

portable figurine photography

https://plus.google.com/u/0/101371842569759097552/posts/NhaEzGokzsQ
Someone at Google+'s Figure Photography group was asking advice about starting to carry around figurines for outdoor figurine photography while travelling.  Even though I'm still a novice at it myself, I ended up posting a long list of ideas:  ^^;;;;;

I've only recently started travelling with my figurines for photos, by using this carrying case:
https://plus.google.com/118245706388996552312/posts/cKttpiqB4Pv They're fairly cheap and come in several sizes/shapes from Tokyo Japanese Lifestyle stores.  The handle makes travel easy and the latch isn't flimsy.

I also use sheets of plastic from the figurines' original packaging to pad between figurines/accessories, but I've been thinking of getting sheets of bubble wrap. 

If you're worried about losing small pieces, small 1"-2" zip-lock bags (usually from craft stores) are nice for small accessories.  Organizing the small pieces into bags each time they're put away or taken out, forces you to keep track of them, better than tossing them into the case alone.

I find it's nice to bring at least 2 Figmas &/or Nendoroids so they can interact with each other in poses.  I also pack extra faceplates/accessories, even if they didn't come with the figurines I'm bringing, to be ready for any idea/expression I want.

Have fun with your travelling figures!  ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment