Sunday, January 20, 2013

collection configuration: figurines nook above TV

People seem really interested in photos of how we organize our collections, so I might as well post some.

Originally, I took photos of my collection configurations for nostalgia purposes.  I have too much fun arranging and rearranging my collections, like flower vases or something.  But it's also good for remembering how everything was arranged, should I need to put things in temporary disarray.

Recently, I had to dig out a lot of my figurines from their display cases so I could use them in a photoshoot:  https://plus.google.com/u/0/118245706388996552312/posts/XUQn7zX4QtB
That's when I realized that I didn't have a photo record of this new configuration of figurines above my TV, that I adapted to, when I had to get rid of my old TV that allowed figurines to sit on it like a shelf.  Now, it's like this:
 
Peel back a layer on the upper level and you get some of my less meticulously arranged display cases:
 
And in the upper level's left side, there's another layer to peel off:

And behind that layer, the keychain figurines in the back, along with a little jewel case for my Shikon no Tama ^_~  :


When layers are peeled from both sides of the upper level, until the back, you can see my Square articulated figurines:

And then there's the back layer of the bottom level:



Well, that's how that one nook is arranged now.

A fair improvement from before, when I had the cathode tube TV acting as another shelf:
 
 


 
Almost forgot the logistics:
Most of the display cases are clear plastic boxes from Michaels. 
The big rectangular case is also from Michaels, so are a few of the cylindrical cases (but that was a total rip off).  One of the cylinders is even a container for foam stickers, that I bought just to use the case for Clare. 
The clear gift boxes from Moskatel are much more economical.  The plastic is thinner, but they seem to stack just as well.  And those nice big rectangles that C.C. and Kingdom Hearts I Cloud are in were only $0.38 each!  OuO 
The big circular container and the taller cylinder with Axel inside are also great deals from Moskatel.  Much better to go with gift boxes than the expense stuff specifically for display cases.
...Except in the case of the cylinders in the back for my Square articulated figurines.  Those are nice, stackable, and interlocking cases from ProTech Products Inc. Their snug fit with each other feels very secure. ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment