Tuesday, October 23, 2012

recent arrivals

This post is about a week late, but I got these in the mail, pretty much when I returned home from Yaoi Con. 

So happy!  ^u^  I've been looking forward to watching Sengoku Basara non-stop.  @u@  ...While my other friends are watching The Avengers 5 times a day...  Is it wrong that I choose Sengoku Basara over The Avengers?  o.O?  I think this is what they call a "guilty pleasure".  #^.^#

I must give a word of warning about the series "Modern Magic Made Simple", which is the DVD case in the middle, bottom row.  I checked out the series on Crunchyroll:  http://www.crunchyroll.com/yokuwakaru-gendai-maho  Not only was it cute, sweet, with endearing characters, beautiful character design, and touching themes, but the end of each episode had a PUPPET SHOW omake!  @U@!!!!!!  I was sold.  Cute little SD-plushies of the series' main characters---that were also puppets!---explaining bits of exposition that would have slowed down the episodes?!  Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  @U@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ...But then.  Then I ordered the DVDs released by Sentai Filmworks, and it did not have the puppet show omake.  ;_______________;  It wasn't even in the Extras section!  ;0;!!!!  If it was a matter of trying to fit a whole series onto 2 DVDs, I could have done without the previews.  I mean, I had the whole series; I would have gone straight to the next episode anyway.  I would much rather have the puppet show, instead.  So now, I'm so sad about it, in my typical difficulty-coping-with-disappointment fashion, that I just can't bring myself to watch those DVDs for a while.  Even the fact that the rest of the series is cute, AND about magic, AND about technology, AND has time travel elements---still can't make up for the great disappointment in not having those cute puppet shows, that I was soooooo looking forward to owning on DVD.  ;~; 

Still, the rest of this shwag is pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment