Friday, January 20, 2012

resolution revision

First, the art.  It's not fan-art, which relates to this post subject.
Gotta revise my resolution.  It's been a week (set of weekdays), so I think that's a good chunk to evaluate this experiment so far. 

The issue is that it takes a lot out of me to write a big, long essay.  (Especially on a day like today, that I spent mostly in bed, feeling almost sick, all day.)  I can get really emotional, about it.  And even when I don't, I always am a perfectionist about it.  So I spend waaaay too much of my day, just on the "write something", when I should also be "crafting something" AND "drawing something" as well.  And I especially can't let my crafting suffer, for the writing, when I've got my first Artist Alley to create stock for, coming up soon.  Not to mention, there are other things in my life I should be doing.  I'm surprised how much of my day goes to writing, drawing, and crafting, when I try to get all 3 done everyday.  I'm supposed to be unpacking from the last con, cleaning, baking cookies, cooking more often, doing my seller's taxes, working on cosplay, editing cosplay videos, and researching a new job.  But there just isn't time for all of that AND my 3 resolutions---if I try to over-inflate all 3 projects each day. 

Truthfully, I did write something today.  And I usually do write something everyday.  That's why I thought it was so feasible.  It just wasn't an otaku essay.  (It was about crafting and Artist Alley.  I posted it up at my DeviantArt journal.  And it's loooong.)  This Blogger/Blogspot blog is supposed to be just otaku analysis essays.  But if the whole point of my resolution to write daily, was to practice writing, then it really doesn't really have to be about otaku anaylsis, to get in the practice. 

So, how about this?  I'll keep writing everyday, but at my LiveJournal, where I keep my "anything and everything" writing.  That'll be my daily writing practice.  And here at Blogger/Blogspot, I'll post my anime/manga analysis essays, whenever that happens to be what I write for the day.  In the end, I started this new/second blog, to have a blog that was actually concentrated and focused on one theme.  And it really doesn't have to be everyday to do that.  So, until the next essay!  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment