Sunday, May 12, 2013

SH Figuarts Lelouch

Today, the blessed Valerie Chance shared this at Google+'s Figure Photography group:
http://www.tomopop.com/s-h-figuarts-lelouch-forces-you-to-part-ways-with-your--28465.phtml

*____________________________________________________________________________*!

When I found out it was an articulated figurine AND that I hadn't missed the pre-order/release date, I nearly bit my knuckles off, trying to contain my absolute giddiness to throw money at the first online store carrying this Lelouch. 

I mean, he's in his Zero costume!  He's got multiple faceplates, including the Geass eye!  His helmet can come on or off, and that cape comes on/off too!  *o*  And the articulation just makes this figurine gold, to us figurine photographers. 

As much as I am wishing for an articulated C.C. figurine with sculpt of this caliber, I will definitely take this in the meantime. 

I am so relieved by Bandai's initiative to compete with Good Smile Co.  I love Good Smile Co.'s Figmas and Nendoroids, but those are in such demand, that a newbie collector like me, often can't get my hands on the characters I want.  Or, as in the case of the Lelouch Figma, by the time I'm into the series and find out they made a figurine, the release is sold-out and it's just nearly impossible to find (without tons of money to burn, that is).  Besides, Good Smile Co.'s Lelouch Figma had Lelouch in his school uniform, and I wanted his Zero outfit---And this new S.H. Figuarts is!  *O*!!!  ---Anyway, Bandai is also competing with Good Smile Co.'s Nendoroids.  I bought Bandai's Chibi-Arts C.C. and she is absolutely ADORABLE!  ...I wish she had some optional legs for standing poses, but she's still the favorite chibi figurine in my collection right now.  Maybe even more than my Nendoroid Sanada Yukimura and Date Masamune, if I dare say such a thing.  Bandai's S.H. Figuarts and Chibi-Arts mix so well with Good Smile Co.'s Figmas and Nendoroids, but with less ravenous competition already-established for buying, that I feel more hope that my hunts for these figurines can be successful. 

Now...Do I keep shopping around online, or should I wait for Anime Expo?.........O.@?????

No comments:

Post a Comment