Sunday, May 12, 2013

neglected blog catch-up & Timid Otaku Sunday

I felt bad about not posting in this blog for a while (especially after the almost-daily frequency that I've been posting in my art journal blog).  Lately, I thought I hadn't done anything especially otaku-related, enough to post in this blog. 
 
But when I think about it, I post photos, every week, for the Figure Friday Challenge. 
Google+ group Figure Photography: 
Last Friday's theme was "battle".
 









 
These photos were actually not a band new photoshoot for last week's Figure Friday Challenge.  Instead, I dug up my photos from Wondercon 2013.  Day 2 badges had sold-out for that convention, and figurine photography was the only thing I could do that day around the convention center. 







Even when I haven't been participating in the Figure Photography group, I now recall that I'm still doing otaku-related things.  Like fan-art.  Lately, I've been experimenting with omitting inked outlines.  A friend of mine gave me the idea to try to make my Copic marker drawings look like watercolor paintings. 




 
So to keep from neglecting this blog again, I've been considering posting at least once a week.  Now, I don't know what day to choose, and sometimes, I may just have more posts than 1, at any given week.  But it's been surprising how I've been able to post at my art journal blog, virtually daily, without the prompting of any personal goals.  It'd be nice if this blog were guaranteed to be that regular.  Now, my Fridays are shot by the Figure Friday Challenge.  (I couldn't even get on that Cosplay Friday weekly event, because sometimes my photoshoots are last-minute or take all day.)  And Saturdays are trying to reassert themselves as Caturday, when I should be drawing some Nekotalia fan-art.  So, how about Sunday?  "Timid Otaku blog Sunday"...plus any extra posts that strike me during the rest of the week.  ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment